Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Eiffel Tower from Trocadero

I have climbed the Eiffel Tower at least 10 times, maybe more.

My brother is to blame for this, since when we would spend summers in Paris with our grandma, he was always eager to try to climb it as many times he could. We'd usually get sick of it after 3 times, but during subsequent trips with friends they always wanted to climb it. So up we went!

I was so glad Fionn had already climbed it, but I figured we should still see it at least once. So I suggested my favorite viewing point, the Trocadero. 


Trocadero is a large pavillion flanked by museums on each side. The Museum of Man and the Naval Museum are definitely worth a visit if you have time. If not, just get a super sweet photo of everyone's favorite Parisian landmark.



Another thing off my 25 by 25 list! Picture together in front of the Eiffel Tower :)


We happened to be there just as a half marathon was finishing up, and shortly before a bomb threat closed the Eiffel Tower for the day. Good thing we didn't want to climb it that day!


Beautiful :)

Do you have any favorite Parisian places?

10 comments :

  1. I was seriously in love with the Eiffel tower, but we never made it to this famous viewing place. Next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine it gets tedious climbing it that many times... I need to return to do that, though next time I won't carry a knife, so I can go up ;) That photo of the two of you in front of it is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's a great leg workout! The stairs are always cheaper and less crowded too, so that's a plus ;)

      Delete
  3. I agree that Trocadero is the best viewpoint. But I have yet to view it from the Arc (on the list for next time). I have two favorite sights (other than the ET which always gives me goosebumps): St Chapelle and The Catacombs. Loved them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Arc's view better actually. And St. Chapelle is gorgeous! I was sad we didn't have time to stop there this past visit..

      Delete
  4. We were there that day too. Only, we were trying to climb it. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos, Shannon! And yes, that is the perfect place to photograph (and you sometimes get to beat to crowds :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! I think Sacre Ceour was one of my favorite spots. Seeing the whole city out below you was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the view when you round the corner from the trocadero metro stop and first see the eiffel tower never ceases to amaze me. I think the best view is from the top of Montparnasse tower, especially at night. You get to see the Eiffel tower lit up as well as the whole city skyline.

    ReplyDelete